*Update: This blog is really old! Check out a more recent post on this topic here.
Heather Colman, KM Specialist at law firm Hicks Morley, documents her experience rolling out a wiki at LLRX.com. After a pilot of Domino Wiki, Hicks Morley evaluated leading web 2.0 wiki-like solutions including Jive Clearspace, Traction TeamPage, SharePoint, ThoughtFarmer and Lotus Quickr.
Her recommendations, based on their wiki implementation experience:
- Start with a small project or group that is already collaborative and well organized helping to ensure a win.
- Recruit high level executive or partner champions to share success stories.
- Select a platform that is easy to use without too many bells and whistles.
- Do not force participation.
- Remove barriers and impediments by keeping the wiki open for editing and transparent.
- Create a process for updating that transfers responsibility to each practice group or department.
Related: Hicks Morley featured in Canadian Lawyer magazine
Have questions? Get in touch! We're always happy to hear from you.