ThoughtFarmer respects your privacy
ThoughtFarmer is a product of OpenRoad Communications Ltd.
This document applies solely to the public website ThoughtFarmer.com. For privacy questions regarding our intranet software, cloud clients should reference our Cloud Terms of Service and on-premise clients should reference the Terms of Service contained in their original service agreement.
Last updated: June 30, 2017
ThoughtFarmer strives to uphold the highest standards with respect to the use of personal information and web site management. This document describes our treatment of the information received at the domain thoughtfarmer.com.
- Information you give us. We have a variety of contact forms, information download requests, and subscription forms on our website which collect your information when you choose to provide it. As a business-to-business software provider, we only collect your name and information related to your company (such as work email, industry, company size, etc), in order for our sales and marketing teams to provide relevant and specialized content. You can unsubscribe at any time and we don’t sell our contact lists.
- Information we get from the use of our site. We use a combination of Google Analytics and Hubspot to track our website, and we use DoubleClick remarketing to serve ads targeted ads on third-party sites based on prior visits to our website. We use this information to fine-tune our product and content offerings, in order to best serve our visitors needs.
- Opt-out. We always provide an alternate method to opt-out of our marketing. For cookies, you can use the change cookies setting below. Alternatively, you can choose to use the “Do Not Track” browser setting. Our email marketing messages include an unsubscribe link in the footer.
ThoughtFarmer endorses and vows to comply with the five stipulations of the Web Analyst’s Code of Ethics.
Our web server logs all requests including IP address, browser type, referring page, platform, file accessed and date/time information. We don’t really look at the log data unless something is wrong with the site, then maybe to troubleshoot. We gather no Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within these log files. While this is quite standard, if you really want to avoid this data collection you could use a proxy or anonymizer service to view the site.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: ThoughtFarmer uses Google Analytics to track the performance of its web properties. Google Analytics uses persistent cookies to track visitor sessions, visitors across multiple sessions, and referral sources to our sites. We track the performance of promotional links to our site using Google Analytics. Google Analytics is also integrated with Google Adwords and our marketing campaigns to provide better insight into visitor behaviour and fine-tune our website, advertising, email campaigns, and social media. In compliance with the Google Analytics Terms of Service, at no time is personally identifiable information (PII) passed to Google Analytics. To opt out from data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a browser add-on, which is available here.
- Hubspot: We use Hubspot to help personalize your web experience. Hubspot uses persistent cookies to track visitors across multiple sessions. Unless a visitor fills out a web form, this information is anonymous and only used in aggregate. If visitors choose to provide information on a web form, this will be tracked to help users save time with pre-populated form filling and allow users to receive customized dynamic content. This information is also provided to our sales and marketing teams in order to provide relevant content to visitors and to fine-tune our website and product offerings.
- DoubleClick: We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future. DoubleClick cookies contain no personally identifiable information. Those wishing to opt out of DoubleClick data collection should change their settings in the Google Ad Preferences Manager.
Change cookie settings for this web site
Use the button above to enable non-essential cookies for this website. The viewed_cookie_policy cookies will remain as it is required to remember your choice.
Email and Contact Information
We encourage you to contact us using the contact us form on our website, as this will ensure your email does not get caught by our spam-filter. We have a number of forms on our site for you to request more information about ThoughtFarmer, including demo requests, whitepaper and ebook downloads, subscription forms, and contact us forms.
We use Hubspot as our email service provider. All email marketing messages provide an unsubscribe option. Transactional emails (personalized responses to specific requests made by you, such as a demo request, a whitepaper download link, or a webinar registration link) do not have a future opt-out option, as they are one-time only messages. Your data may be stored within the United States of America and is subject to US laws.
You can choose to restrict the collection and use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you prefer to contact us through alternative means, you can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at +1-604-566-8300.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by using the opt-out link at the bottom of each message, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Canadian subscribers only: In compliance with Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL), all email submissions made through our website will receive an opt-in confirmation email to ensure we have your consent to send you commercial messages.
We do not sell our contact lists to third parties.
Links to Third Parties
Our site contains links to other resources on the web. We can’t offer any warranty for those sites and they are governed by their own privacy policies.
We’ll update this document if our policies or data collection habits change.
Questions or Issues