CV Harquail, Consultant, Authentic Organizations
CV Harquail is an “entrepreneur of insight”, uniquely positioned at the intersection of organizational change, management practice, and communications media. She brings together academic research expertise, change agent experience, and new media fluency to help organization members and leaders think differently about the relationships between technology, organizations, individuals and systems.
CV has her PhD in Leadership & Organizational Behavior from the Ross School of Business at The University of Michigan. She was a professor of Leadership and Organizational Behavior at the Darden Graduate School of Business at the University of Virginia before moving to Montclair, NJ and starting her consulting practice. She continues to teach and speak to MBA & EMBA students, to corporate groups, and to professional & scholarly groups.
CV’s Topic at the Social Intranet Summit:
What’s the purpose of ‘social’ in organizations?
Wednesday, September 28th at 10:10 AM
In this presentation, CV Harquail will focus on how social tools can help organizations flourish by engaging us individually and collectively in the pursuit of the organization’s purpose. She’ll explain how systems of organizational engagement – systems that that help us Enable Identity, Foster Voice, Activate Agency, Cohere Community and Catalyze Purpose — not only meet basic psychological and sociological needs, but also move us to invest our energies in our collective work.
CV will also link the lofty concept of collective purpose back to the organization’s day-to-day tasks, so that participants can articulate a ‘business case’ for comprehensive, purpose-supporting systems of engagement.
Get to know CV
- Website: http://authenticorganizations.com/
- Twitter: @CVHarquail
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cvharquail
Recent choice tweets
- @cvharquail: Org Culture is syncretic by-product, conflation of traditions/ideas chaotically combined. http://bit.ly/nU7B4N Hmmm 15 Sep
- @cvharquail: RT @deb_lavoy: is it telling that there are several powerpoint objects for hierarchies and none for networks? 14 Sep
- @cvharquail: Of course, social change in organizations, social media as a tool for advocacy, etc. doesn’t excite everyone. #ThoughItShould 10 Sep
- @cvharquail: RT @fierce_inc: Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening … when you’d have preferred to talk. 9 Sep