Do you have a passion for technology and working with people?
Hello there! 👋 My name is Tim Schiller - I am the Technical Services Manager over at ThoughtFarmer. My team and I are looking for a friendly, personable, and self-directed problem-solver to join our Customer Success team as a Software Support Specialist. We're looking for a person who loves working with and learning about the latest in cloud technologies and is passionate about providing amazing service for great clients. Someone who gets excited about solving technical challenges for our customers, while making sure that their product experience is a success.
Well, ThoughtFarmer is intranet software that helps employees at organizations around the world communicate, connect, and get work done. In fact, that's our mission, to Make Work Better. And to make that mission possible, we need to deliver great customer service - a core part of our service offering. That's where you come in.
What you'll be doing
As a Software Support Specialist you'll join our friendly Customer Success team, where you will:
- Answer technical questions, and diagnose and troubleshoot client issues.
- Communicate with clients, troubleshooting by video conferencing, phone, email, and through our ThoughtFarmer Helpdesk.
- Help manage and maintain our ThoughtFarmer cloud implementation using AWS.
- Aid customers with integrating their existing user provisioning solution with ThoughtFarmer.
- Help new clients with the technical onboarding process.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Identify recurring issues so they can be eliminated through documentation, process changes, or automation.
- Work closely with the operations and development teams to investigate issues and roll out new systems / features.
Is this the right fit for you?
You want to work in an integrated team that's small, flexible, and where everyone contributes. You understand the value of collaboration, and you're eager to be heard and offer value to the team. You like solving complex problems and keep an open mind when it comes to considering different approaches. You love learning new technologies, you have an inquisitive nature, and you're a multi-tasking pro. And you believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
What you will need:
- You have experience in a customer support role.
- You have experience working with and troubleshooting web applications.
- You're a strong, confident communicator, able to explain technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You have a friendly personality and a positive attitude. You enjoy working in a team and helping our customers solve problems.
- You have a keen eye for areas of risk and potential future issues and will work proactively to reduce our exposure to these risks.
What will give you an edge:
- You've got a solid understanding of Windows Server (IIS).
- You have experience writing SQL queries and understand SQL database management.
- Experience with a cloud provider, especially AWS.
- Experience working with .NET web applications.
- You have experience supporting and troubleshooting Android and iOS mobile applications.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and other tools in a Microsoft server environment.
What’s it like to work with us?
- We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
- We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
- Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
ThoughtFarmer is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely from all across Canada.
- And for those who do live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite (once restrictions have been lifted), to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
- All staff—remote or local—enjoy a quarterly home office allowance that they can use to buy whatever they need to be productive outside the office.
How to Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Describe a challenging technical problem you solved for a customer recently.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.