Are you ready to make a measurable, industry-changing impact?
ThoughtFarmer is looking for a Product Manager who can supercharge our Analytics practice, both inside and out.
ThoughtFarmer is an intranet product that helps employees at organizations around the world share knowledge, stay informed, and feel connected. Our vision is to make every great company the best place to work.
What we’re looking for from our new Product Manager, Analytics
As the Product Manager, Analytics, your role will be twofold. You'll develop our internal data analytics and customer insights practice, while also leading the creation of an improved customer-facing analytics product. It’s a big ask, but we don’t shy away from ambition. And we’re committed to helping you succeed.
What you’re like
You live at the intersection of design and data. You love working with user experience designers, developers, sales people, marketers, customer success, and—most importantly—customers to deliver features with tangible benefits. An unapologetic numbers nerd, you’ll dig through reams of data to find the hidden story and tease out the answers to all the critical questions we and our customers are asking.
And, like us, you’re kind, passionate about great work, always looking to grow your skills, customer-centric, and a team player.
The responsibilities we’ll trust you with
- You’ll be our organization's analytics product expert, responsible for sharing product updates and features with both internal and external audiences.
- You’ll develop and manage the analytics product roadmap. This includes prioritizing features and capabilities based on customer impact, business value, and market trends.
- You’ll conduct customer research and usability testing to gather insights and validate product concepts.
- You’ll create product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for analytics features and products.
- You’ll collaborate with the UX/UI team to apply best practices in data visualization.
These are the must-haves
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- You have at least 5 years of B2B SaaS product management experience, specifically with a focus on analytics and data-driven products.
- You can effectively use analytics tools and technologies, such as Excel, SQL, AWS, data warehouses, and BI tools.
- Gathering requirements and shaping new products? You’ve been there.
- Creating custom reports that shape an organization’s product and marketing strategy? You’ve done that.
- You're a great communicator who can easily explain data insights, product vision, strategies, and roadmaps to both internal and external audiences.
- You have hands-on experience with Agile methodologies and popular product management tools like JIRA and Confluence.
If there’s one thing that will give you an edge in this role, it’s this
- You've got firsthand experience leading a data practice at a SaaS company.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
ThoughtFarmer is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely all across Canada.
If you live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite, to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
All staff—remote or local—enjoy a quarterly home office allowance that they can use to buy whatever they need to be productive outside the office.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must reside in Canada and be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.