ThoughtFarmer wants to make every great company be the most awesome place to work. Are you the person who will help us share that vision with the world?
We’re looking for a talented and energetic marketing leader who can increase awareness and demand for our intranet software. You bring the right mix of strategic thinking, cross-functional collaboration, and team mentorship, along with the willingness to roll-up your sleeves and dig in. You’ll find ways to help us stand out from our competitors, meet or exceed our sales goals, and help deliver our vision to potential customers, industry experts, and the media.
This job reports to the President, and you’ll be asked to play a key role in shaping the company’s future through strategic planning and business insights.
The perfect person for this role has experience scaling established businesses in the B2B tech sector, ideally in the enterprise collaboration space. They have led marketing teams using modern strategies to acquire mid-market and enterprise companies. They are subject matter experts across product marketing, demand generation, and marketing communications. But most importantly, they lead by example and inspire their team members to reach their full potential.
Today’s hybrid workplace is uncharted territory—creating an urgent need for better internal communications and ways to manage organizational knowledge. ThoughtFarmer makes work better by helping employees find and share knowledge, stay informed, and feel connected. We work with leading global brands like Cannondale, The Guardian, Operation Smile, The Canadian Medical Association, and New York State and to enhance employee engagement in the new world of work.
Located in Vancouver, BC, we offer competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, a vibrant and diverse team, and excellent work-life balance. All staff enjoy great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
Own marketing strategy and outcomes.
- Work with the President and the team leads to refine our company strategy, and ensure that our marketing strategy and outcomes are aligned with company goals
- As part of the senior leadership team, identify market trends that shape our business and overall strategy.
- Ensure our marketing activities drive incoming leads to support our quarterly pipeline and sales goals, and oversee demand generation to make sure marketing plans, budgets, and key performance indicators are in place.
- Ensure the sales team has the right collateral to help qualify leads and move opportunities through the sales funnel quickly.
- Create relationships with industry analysts to build stories that make us stand out in the market, giving us coverage through earned media and reports.
- Shape ThoughtFarmer's messaging and brand voice to meet our market's expectations and differentiation.
Manage the marketing team.
- Manage a growing team of marketing and creative professionals using mentorship, coaching, and sponsoring skills.
- Set quarterly and annual goals that align your team with our company’s overall strategic plan.
- Be accountable for your team’s ability to ship work by directing and developing your team’s capabilities and impact.
- Manage our creative resources and align our brand across all programs and campaigns across the company.
Differentiate with messaging.
- Be the leader in how we bring our product to market using customer research, competitor insights, and market data.
- Make sure that the positioning, pricing, packaging, and sales enablement materials deliver results.
- Collaborate with sales, customer success, product development, design, and engineering teams to deliver exceptional product releases.
How you like to work
You lead by example, with a bias for results and execution. You have the humility and confidence to put team and company success ahead of your own.
- Experience in a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director, or other senior role.
- 10–15 years of marketing experience, including at least five years experience in a management position with a team of direct reports.
- B2B marketing experience with mid-market and enterprise segments.
- Demonstrable history of delivering pipeline growth and an ROI on marketing budget.
- References from leaders and colleagues previous sales leaders on effectiveness of sales enablement programs and product messaging.
- Evidence of skill in boosting the amount of earned media and analyst coverage.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software products in the intranet or enterprise collaboration space.
- Experience with enterprise B2B SaaS products.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.