What do we do?
At ThoughtFarmer, we make intranet software that brings people and ideas together; software that helps employees get work done. In fact, that's our mission—to Make Work Better.
We’re looking for an Account Executive with a demonstrable track record of overachieving quota. Someone who will be at the front lines of our efforts to expand our growing business. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive will be to manage and close a pipeline of software license opportunities while working closely with other ThoughtFarmer teams to ensure the best customer experience.
What will you do?
Challenge yourself by selling the intrinsic value of our software to customers.
As an Account Executive at ThoughtFarmer, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end sales process for assigned inbound leads and outbound lead initiatives. The Account Executive conducts demos both online and occasionally on-site with potential customers, following a “Solution Selling” sales methodology for managing their pipeline. You will forecast your sales activity and achievement and work closely with Marketing and Customer Success to ensure referenceable clients.
What your day-to-day looks like
- Respond to leads as quickly as possible, working with them to understand their current challenges, objectives and whether ThoughtFarmer may be a potential solution.
- Maintain detailed notes, using our SalesForce CRM platform to document all actions and communications with sales contacts.
- Follow up using multiple touch points, including email and phone calls.
- Occasionally conduct outbound campaigns from a set of targeted accounts to help generate leads.
- Occasional travel for sales calls and conferences
Maintain an end-to-end sales process and close complex sales cycles to meet targets
- Converse with top executives, adjusting from technical to business discussions without skipping a beat.
- Forecast your sales activity and revenue achievement on a monthly basis.
- Knowing the pipeline inside and out, stay on top of sales metrics and know what opportunities will be likely to close in the next 90 days.
- Negotiate contracts and facilitate a smooth transition from prospect to client.
Help us be the best intranet software available
- Effectively gather intelligence on the market and the competition.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of competing products.
- Report on product feedback from your leads.
Ensure the success of every client
- Take a customer-centric approach to ensure that customers are successful in the long run.
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to provide the best service experience possible for our customers.
- Improve our internal processes to help our teams collaborate more effectively in service to the client.
Are you the right fit?
This role is tailored for people who are natural relationship builders and a drive to win. Your close percentage is a badge of honor.
You’re highly organized and accountable for your sales activity and quota attainment, but you also understand that fit matters. You can persuade C-level executives on the value of our application and have no problems presenting in a packed boardroom.
As a team player that loves collaborating with others, you're ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs doing and help wherever you can add the most value. You love to win and are competitive by nature. You invite the opportunity to improve your sales game through coaching and training.
What you’ll need
- Three to five years sales experience in B2B cloud / Enterprise SaaS industry
- Consistent history of overachievement, with demonstrated success of multi-year quota achievement.
- Superb negotiation skills
- Demonstrated success using a consultative approach with key business and technical executives including CTO, VP of Communications, and Director levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, either in person, by email, over screenshare and telephone, or video conferencing.
- Experience demonstrating software as part of the sales process.
- Sales Methodology training (Solution Selling, Sandler, Miller-Heiman, etc.) with evidence that you apply it to your daily sales actions.
- Experience managing complex sales cycles of three to nine months.
What makes a difference
SalesForce CRM or CRM-related experience
Knowledge of intranets or social software
What we offer
As Account Executive, you’ll work with talented people and global brands and industry leaders.
At ThoughtFarmer, we believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling, balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We have also embraced the hybrid workplace... want to work from home? Great! Prefer to be in an office? Also great! A bit of both? Totally up to you.
We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work—no matter where work is—and we strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line