ThoughtFarmer makes award-winning intranet software that brings people and ideas together. Our knowledge management and collaboration tools are used by hundreds of organizations around the globe to get work done. In fact, that's our mission—to Make Work Better.
We’re looking for a WordPress developer—ideally someone with an eye for conversion-driven design—to manage both the frontend and backend of our website, ThoughtFarmer.com. You’ll work closely with our in-house Marketing, Sales, Creative, and Product teams to craft intuitive and user-focused web experiences that will feel simple on the surface even if they’re complex under the hood. And you’ll make sure the backend is just as tight as the frontend, by building and maintaining a search-optimized, Google-friendly infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and implement plans for ThoughtFarmer’s website and other digital channels
- Work with our in-house design team to translate design concepts into interactive, responsive web pages
- Work with our in-house team of writers, designers, developers, and product experts, to imagine and implement new site features, pages, and entire sections
- Design, test, and iterate methods that will optimize and increase the conversion rate of our website
- Combine in-house systems with automation tools from the Sales and Marketing teams—including HubSpot and Salesforce—to help us build a top-notch reporting infrastructure
What you’ll need
- Experience creating and managing WordPress themes, and installing and configuring WordPress plugins
- A strong understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Experience collaborating with and managing external vendors
- A passion for user experience and user conversion
- An SEO sixth sense: You know how to build and maintain pages that Google Bots love!
- Experience working within the B2B SaaS space
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in working with Hubspot and/or SalesForce
- Experience with Google Optimize, Hotjar, or similar platforms
What we offer
As our first dedicated web developer, you’ll work with talented people, global brands, and industry leaders.
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling and balanced lives. We offer extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel that they can bring their whole selves to work, and we strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcomed, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is stocked with organic groceries, is bike-friendly, and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of your work to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print. To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.