Does making things better with technology excite you?
Great things are happening at ThoughtFarmer. We improve employee engagement and productivity by deploying powerful, intuitive social intranets that foster communication and collaboration. This is your chance to be a part of something that makes work better!
And us? We’re looking for a friendly, personable, and self-directed problem-solver to join our team as a Senior Systems Administrator. You should enjoy the craftsmanship of architecting clean, efficient and reliable systems and sleep well knowing that our services are dependable, secure and our customers data is protected. The right person for this job has a keen eye for areas of risk and potential future issues and will work proactively to reduce our exposure to these risks. You get a kick out of solving technical puzzles and above all, you’re passionate about providing amazing service for great clients.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred and five to eight years related experience and/or training in implementing and supporting web based SaaS systems using Windows and Linux, configuring networking and security, and applying system patches, security fixes, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Research, design, document, configure and administer the following:
- Windows and Linux servers operating systems and services in a virtualized environment
- Windows-based IIS web applications and services
- Working with the development team on automation of deployment and upgrade process
- Working with the customer success team for regular maintenance
- Secured network systems and maintain compatible security patches and best practices
- Event monitoring and alert automation for servers and services
- Network security policies including firewalls, host and client access, file permissions, user accounts, proper documentation and notification for change control
- MS SQL Server, MySQL databases and database management tools
- Backup/recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery strategies for Windows/Linux systems, SQL database services and associated IIS services
What will give you an edge:
We’re especially interested with systems administrators with the following experience:
- VMware vSphere, VMware ESXi, AWS, Azure build and administration
- Active Directory setup and administration
- PowerShell based systems management
- HIPAA and PCI compliance
- Experience with SOC 2 and ISO 27001 compliance
- Experience working in an DevOps environment
- Comfortable working with client stakeholders
- Distributed caching
- Load Balancing
What we offer
As a Senior Systems Administrator, you’ll work with talented people and global brands and industry leaders. We offer competitive wages for staff, overtime pay (yes, you read that right—overtime pay), and great benefits. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
Find out more about what it means to work at ThoughtFarmer.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Describe a particularly difficult server issue and how you resolved it.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print. To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.