Does making things better with technology excite you?
Great things are happening at ThoughtFarmer. We improve employee engagement and productivity by deploying powerful, intuitive social intranets that foster communication and collaboration. This is your chance to be a part of something that makes work better!
And us? We're looking for a friendly, personable, and self-directed problem-solver to join our Customer Success team as Software Support Specialist. Someone who gets excited about the idea of keeping clients around the world thrilled and delighted, while making sure that their product experience is a success. You get a kick out of solving technical puzzles and above all, you're passionate about providing amazing service for great clients.
What you'll be doing
As a Software Support Specialist you'll join our friendly Customer Success team, where you will:
- Answer technical questions, and diagnose and troubleshoot client issues.
- Communicate with clients, troubleshooting by phone, email, in person, and through our ThoughtFarmer Helpdesk.
- Assist clients with their network and server configurations to ensure reliability and performance.
- Install and configure ThoughtFarmer for new clients.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Identify recurring issues so they can be eliminated through documentation, process changes, or automation.
Is this the right fit for you?
You want to work in an integrated team that's small, flexible, and where everyone contributes. You understand the value of collaboration, and you're eager to be heard and offer value to the team. You like solving complex problems and keep an open mind when it comes to considering different approaches. You love learning new technologies, you have an inquisitive nature, and you're a multi-tasking pro. And you believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
What you will need:
- You have experience in a customer support role.
- You have experience working with and troubleshooting web applications.
- You're a strong, confident communicator, able to explain technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You have a friendly personality and a positive attitude. You enjoy working in a team and helping our customers solve problems
- You have a keen eye for areas of risk and potential future issues and will work proactively to reduce our exposure to these risks
What will give you an edge:
- You've got a solid understanding of Windows Server and SQL Server administration
- You have experience supporting and troubleshooting Android and iOS mobile applications
- Knowledge of Active Directory and other tools in a Microsoft server environment
What we offer
At ThoughtFarmer, you’ll work with talented people and global brands like Oxfam, The Guardian, Fokker, YVR, and United States Geological Survey. We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling, balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits and flexible time-off. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any additional support during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Describe a challenging technical problem you solved for a customer recently.