ThoughtFarmer makes award-winning intranet software that brings people and ideas together. Our knowledge management and collaboration tools are used by hundreds of organizations around the globe to get work done. In fact, that's our mission—to Make Work Better.
We’ve been a fixture in Vancouver’s tech community since 1995. We’re private, self-funded, and consistently profitable. ThoughtFarmer was founded by a software developer, and engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We work as a team to keep our skills fresh, there are opportunities to attend conferences, and ongoing discussions about the best developer tools.
What you'll be doing
As a key member of the development team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases
- Collaborate with other team members to drive out requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and technology and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
- Have a voice in the direction of features and the overall product strategy
- Assist the support team in troubleshooting technical issues
How you like to work
Applicants must possess good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to solve complex problems quickly. You must be willing to learn new technologies, keep on top of emerging trends in web application development, and have an open mind to considering different approaches to solving technical problems.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps. More important, though, is what you've been doing for the past few years. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you committed to understanding the needs of the users of the software you create, in order to build applications that run fast, look good and solve real business problems? Do you "get" social software and the possibilities it opens for the enterprise?
- At least 3 years experience as a software developer
- Web application development experience using the C# / .NET Core / ASPNET Core
- Experience working as part of a software development team
- Experience with modern source control software
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Successfully worked on projects using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with React Native for IOS and Android
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS
- Experience with complex, large scale applications
- Knowledge of software design / implementation patterns and principals
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment
- Experience with ElasticSearch
What we offer
This is a full-time, permanent position with full benefits.
ThoughtFarmer offers competitive wages for staff, overtime pay (yes, you read that right-overtime pay), and great benefits. You will also have the opportunity to attend conferences, participate in staff events, and enjoy birthday cake/beer/whiskey/pop at least once a month. We’re proud of the high quality solutions that we deliver to our clients but most importantly, we’re proud of the people that make it happen. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are a hybrid workplace and fully support remote staff, provided you live in Canada. Unfortunately we are not able to hire people that work outside Canada at this time.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.