ThoughtFarmer has an exciting opportunity for a smart, multi-talented Information Architect to join our Professional Services team and help implement our ThoughtFarmer Social Intranet software at organizations around the globe.
ThoughtFarmer is making work better. We improve employee engagement and productivity by deploying powerful, intuitive social intranets that foster communication and collaboration.
You don’t need previous experience with ThoughtFarmer, but you do need to be a quick learner and extremely comfortable with web-based software. Here are some of your duties:
- Perform basic design research that will inform an intuitive and powerful IA
- Utilize methods like card sorting and task testing to generate and validate IA concepts
- Assist with content inventories and content audits to ensure the right content is part of the IA
- Implement the physical IA inside of ThoughtFarmer using its core functionality
- Present IA decisions to client stakeholders
- Assist in making decisions around page types and templates in ThoughtFarmer to increase IA and content performance
- Liaise with our trainer to ensure the IA is communicated to the client team and they understand how it works
- Prepare our clients for their content migration efforts
- Provide feedback to our client services / professional services team on areas for improvement in our processes
- Provide feedback to our product development team on areas for improvement to ThoughtFarmer’s functionality & capabilities
In addition to IA experience, the ideal candidate for this role will have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Business analysis
- Change management
- Content Strategy
- Project management
- Web development
Our consulting engagements are delivered both remotely and on-site. Travel is required for this job (likely 3-4 trips per quarter). Our clients span the globe, from Amsterdam to Ottawa, London to Dubai, and many places in between.
A degree helps. More important, though, is what you’ve been doing for the past 5 years. Have you been involved in IA projects in complex organizational environments? Have you been helping organizations embrace change? Have you been satisfying the needs of diverse groups of stakeholders? And do you “get” social software and the possibilities it opens for the enterprise?
If so, send your resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe a recent project where you were responsible for IA on an intranet or public website. What was the biggest challenge on the project? How did you overcome it? If we like what we see, we’ll contact you for an interview.
ThoughtFarmer is owned by OpenRoad Communications. We’re a group of 40 dedicated analysts, designers, and programmers who take great pride in our craft and are dedicated to making work better. We’re located in Gastown in Vancouver.
This is a full-time, permanent position with full benefits.