Are you ready to be a part of a collaborative, forward-thinking development team?
Grow your software development career with ThoughtFarmer, the award-winning intranet product used by hundreds of organizations around the globe—places like Guardian newspaper, Mountain Equipment Co-op, and IDEO. We’re redefining how organizations work, manage knowledge, and collaborate.
Are you ready to work on the next generation of product innovations with us?
What you’ll be doing
As a key member of the development team, it will be your responsibility to:
- Develop frontend, user-facing features
- Work with a small and focused team designing and developing new features and releases
- Collaborate with other people across the team and company to articulate and capture requirements
- Work in an agile environment
- Champion technical decisions while implementing elegant solutions
- Shape the direction of features from a technical engineering perspective
- Assist our Customer Success team in troubleshooting technical issues
A degree helps. More important, though, is what you’ve been doing for the past few years. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you committed to understanding the needs of the users of the software you create, in order to build applications that run fast, look good and solve real business problems? Do you “get” social software and the possibilities it opens for the enterprise?
You possess good communication and interpersonal skills and can show that you can solve complex problems quickly. You are willing to learn new technologies, keep on top of emerging trends in web application development, and are open to considering different approaches to solving technical problems.
Successful applicants have:
- Minimum three (3) years team experience as a software developer
- Familiarity with server-side web development frameworks
- Experience with modern source control software
- Demonstrated willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Experience working on projects using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
Set yourself apart
- Web application development experience using the C# / ASP.NET Core
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with complex, large scale applications
- Knowledge of software design / implementation patterns and principals
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment
- Experience with Node.js
Why work at ThoughtFarmer?
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling, balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is stocked with organic groceries, is bike-friendly, and easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know when you send in your application.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.