Cloud Operations Manager
ThoughtFarmer makes award-winning intranet software that brings people and ideas together. Our knowledge management and collaboration tools are used by hundreds of organizations around the globe to get work done. In fact, that's our mission—to Make Work Better.
We’re looking for a talented Cloud Operations Manager who’s passionate about creating value for our customers. Someone with a track record of successfully managing the people and infrastructure that powers mission-critical software services and solves customer needs.
Help us redefine the way organizations and people engage with their digital workplace.
The Cloud Operations Manager (COM) is a new role for ThoughtFarmer, and will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of our cloud environment, including performance and scalability of the platform. The COM will lead teams of system administrators and software support specialists. They will help define and execute critical initiatives related to improving our software through hiring, process, and technology decisions. A critical factor for this role will be establishing effective relationships with other groups around the company.
- Manage, assist, and support the SysAdmin team in building and running our 24/7 enterprise hybrid SaaS environment across our data centres and AWS
- Manage and support the technical support team, and help with customer issues when required
- Coordinate triage of incoming issues and help with the escalation of urgent or complex problems
- Build a DevOps culture that provides high quality and continuous operations that ensure critical service level metrics, while meeting or exceeding customer requirements and company financial objectives
- Define, measure, and meet key Service Level Objectives including Helpdesk response time, availability, performance, and incident response
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence and automate responses to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure that a high-quality product is developed and released into production
- Assess Technical Support processes, workflows, and knowledge base content for opportunities to improve
- Work closely with the Development, Customer Success, and Product Management teams to specify and document solutions and practices
What you’ll need
- Bachelor of the Arts and/or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Over eight years of hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills
- Solid understanding of modern cloud technologies and best practices
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and application environments
- Experience running revenue-generating applications in a data centre as well as real world experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
- Experience building, scaling, and running production operations
- The ability to identify new opportunities for improving our platform and processes
- Experience mentoring and nurturing promising talent within an organization
- Experience with, and the ability to, troubleshoot and resolve incidents across multiple domains
- An ability to nurture and support a strong operations culture
- A proven ability to establish and maintain metrics-based process improvement initiatives
- Experience in building and leading strong technical teams while developing alliances with those outside of your immediate team
- Excellent communications, organizational, and time management skills
At ThoughtFarmer, you’ll work with talented people and global brands like Oxfam, The Guardian, Fokker, YVR, and United States Geological Survey. We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling and balanced lives. We offer extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel that they can bring their whole selves to work, and we strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcomed, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is stocked with organic groceries, is bike-friendly, and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe a recent challenge you faced and how you solved it. To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.