Overview of homepage features & layout
Meet your personalized intranet homepage
Your ThoughtFarmer intranet homepage includes personalized news and links meant just for you. When you log into the intranet and view the homepage, you'll see your own profile widget, links and news from the groups that you're a member of and your own list of intranet favorites. Nobody sees the same homepage that you see and your homepage aims to help you do your job more easily.
"Directory" & "Your groups" tabs (personalized)
On top of the left-hand column on the page you'll see two tabs:
- The "Directory" tab shows the entire site in an expandable "tree" navigation view. Click the arrow next to a page title to expand the list of sub-pages; you can drill down into the navigation and click a link to go directly to a page.
- The "Your groups" tab shows a list of the groups you're a member of and your profile page. Click the arrow next to a page title to expand the list of sub-pages; you can go directly to any page in any of your groups with just a click. (See complete instructions on how to set up Groups.)
Text box in middle top of page
Homepage news feed (personalized)
Recent activity (personalized)
- Your groups: All recent page edits, file attachments and comments within the groups you are a member of.
- Status updates: A list of status updates from all employees. (Learn how to use status updates.)
- All site activity: All recent edits, attachments and comments from all over the intranet.
Profile widget (personalized)
- View a thumbnail of your profile photo (if you've uploaded one).
- Go to your profile by clicking on your name or photo.
- Edit your profile with one click by clicking the "Edit profile" link.
- Update your status by clicking on your current status, typing in a new status and hitting "Enter" on your keyboard.
Text box on right side of page
Favorites list (personalized)
If your intranet administrator has allowed it, you can create new polls too! To create a new poll or view past polls, click on "View past polls" at the bottom of the Poll box. On the polls page, Click "Add poll" on the top right to add a new poll. In the "Title" field, type your poll question. In the "Responses" field, type an answer for your poll, and click "Add response". Do that again to add more responses for your poll. Then click "Publish" to start polling!